Food & Beverage Manager
3rd September 2019
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Manager
For the Fox Glacier Guiding Cafe
- Have an outgoing personality and enjoy meeting people.
- Have a sound knowledge and skill level of all fundamentals of the hospitality business.
- Have strong organisational skills and be able to work autonomously.
- Have 5 year’s experience in the industry, with management experience.
- Hold a current Managers Certificate/LCQ.
- Be an enthusiastic trainer.
- Have a strong work and customer service ethic that encourages team participation.
1. Customer Service
- Providing excellent service and coffee when required
- Acting Cafe Manager when required
- Training staff to a high standard of customer service
- Hold a current Bar Managers certificate
- Ensuring both the barista’s and the kitchen staff are doing their roles to a high level of customer service.
- Liaise with the Cafe Manager on staff hiring
2. Food purchasing and stock control
- Food purchasing from suppliers.
- Planning Menus in consultation with Chefs
- Ensuring the kitchen is practicing food stock rotation by using items prior to expiry or use by date and minimizing wastage
- Ensuring we are getting the best possible deals from suppliers
- In charge of monthly stocktakes
- Maintain all financial records
- Daily reconciliations
- Daily balances
4. Health & safety
- Follow MPI food control plan
- Train staff and sign off as required
- Oversee all daily recordings in the Food Control Plan
- Sign off on 4 weekly reviews of FCP
- Resolve any complaints from customers
- All training related to our Health & safety policy. Our Host responsibility policy and all Emergency procedures.
5. Special functions
- Take bookings for and plan special functions
- Organize all tour bookings
- Generally daytime hours
- Staff functions as required.
- Weekend work included.
- Doing any reasonable task required
- Personal grooming to be at a high standard
- Have functional relationships with other staff members and promote team spirit
Please send your CV to email@example.com